Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pancake post

There's nothing better in the morning than a wake up call to a plate full of delicious pancakes. Piled up with maple syrup, sugar, fruit, however you want to accessorise your pancake make sure you make them worth your while.

The recipe I followed was from BBC Good Food website which provided simple steps to a successful pancake. With an attempt of numerous off angle flips, and a few burnt pancakes I can only describe as being like scrambled egg when I eventually scrapped it off the frying pan, the ones who'd made it through looked good enough to eat funnily enough. For 2 pancakes I tried frying strawberries in the mixture which proved one of the best moves I've taken, that I felt a part of Heston Blumenthal had just taken over my brain. The texture of soft fruit matched the pancakes mix and the juice of the strawberries seeped into the pancakes giving them a hint of a strawberry flavour throughout which instantly made the pancakes and the strawberries much more enjoyable. Add a couple covered in caster sugar and you've got a breakfast fit for a king, or simply someone who's obsessed with pancakes.

1 comment :

  1. Looks delicious, there's nothing better in the morning then pankakes
    http://clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete