Monday, May 4, 2015

International print trend package

During University this year I've been developing a trend package. If you're a keen reader of my blog you'll know of my previous posts involving the photoshoots forwards my package, but for those of you who have no clue what a trend package even is (don't worry I was the same at first) let me give you a helping hand. A trend package basically includes an upcoming trend, usually 2 years ahead. In the package inspiration from artists, locations and history are included to give a back-up to where the trend or print has emerged from. Following this, photoshoots of materials and garments are developed and hey presto you've got a trend package. Pretty simple after you know what it is.

My trend combines the prints of henna for the skin and Spanish tiles for the garments. These prints originate from opposite sides of the atlantic, Spain and North Africa, therefore many of the prints combine together since their on each others border. In fact, Morocco is also known as Spanish Morocco due to the heavy investment of Spanish tile style from across the border.

Overall it was a great module to complete in University and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out like. I've picked out the best pages of the package, please let me know what you think!

















No comments :

Post a Comment