Friday, August 29, 2014

Mmmm Majestic Meringue

August only means one thing, the start of The Great British Bake Off. It's become a British representation of all us English bakers ready to take on any cake, biscuit or bread, and we love it! With pastel coloured cupcake holders and a British flag bunting circling a gazebo, bake off creates just the right mood for anyone wanting to start baking. With the whole hype of Diana VS. Iain scenario this week bake off reached tension it's never had before, even when Howard's custard went missing last year it didn't cause as much a stir (no pun intended) as this. Yes, the editing made it look like Diana had left the ice cream out for more than 40 seconds but why did she feel the need to take it out in the first place? Anyway... this debate could go on forever. SO, due to some of the bakers making tarts this week, it inspired me to make a lemon meringue, my all time favourite. It was so (surprisingly) good that I ended up buying some lemon meringue flavoured ice cream afterwards. Obsessed lemon head I know. I'm sure you can spare some time in your life to make one, and you won't regret it. With the soft topping, zingy filling and crunchy pastry you can't say no.

The recipe I used was BBC GOOD FOOD, the link is below. Get into the British mood and start baking! Send me pictures of your bakes over the Twitter/Google/Instagram link on my blog. Many options for you to chose from there so no hiding!
BBC Good Food: Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe

1 comment :

  1. Looks good! I'll have to try it! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete