Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shopping Olympics

Don't come shopping with me. It's not because you're not invited, it's a warning. It's known that every time I go out for a specific day to shop in Manchester or Trafford it turns into what should be called the Shopping Olympics. If you know what I mean you'll be aware of how annoying you become as you start to stress your friends out, as well as yourself. If you're one of the people who has no idea what I'm going on about then I'm sorry because it's you who has to deal with the people like me. I'll take you around to every shop, then decide the thing I wanted was in the first one we entered, that happens honestly 99.9% of the time.

When people say students have no money, take them seriously because honestly students have no money. We could be the poverty of the UK at the pace we're going at. Most times I only have about £20 to my name and that's not exactly going to buy me (if i'm lucky) one thing, in fact most of that will probably go towards food or train fares anyway, I'm such a greedy pig, I do this to myself.  It's not so bad all the time, think when it's Christmas or your Birthday and your suddenly loaded with cash you don't even know what to do with it. First thing I'll probably buy is food (I told you I do this to myself) then go on a shopping trip where I can't even find anything I want, therefore leading me to vent my anger on another McDonalds. Why is it when you go shopping with no money there's so many things you want to buy, but when you finally have some there is shit all? It's the way the cruel shopping Gods work, laughing at our puppy eyed faces when we see a pair of Topshop shoes we want, but with only a penny in our purse it's simply not possible. Some could say it's a form of torture.

There is the time when out of nowhere the clothes are forever in your favour as you can leave the trip with bags up to your elbows, at which point the weightlifting stage of the Shopping Olympics takes place. When you've got a few boxes of shoes and some heavy jewellery in those bags this could be worthy of a gold medal (whilst sneakily eating medium fries from the middle podium)

Sometimes, you get those occasions when you can't decide what to buy at all. You'll probably see something in the first shop you step into and end up 3 hours later going back to it. This part of the Shopping Olympics refers to the track events, obviously the 1500m seeing as thats probably the distance you will walk (or run depending on how desperate you are). By the time it's all over I go back to spending my last remaining pennies on some kind of food, obviously, why wouldn't I? That would be so out of character. As for my friends, they're probably sat on a bench somewhere waiting for me to finish, otherwise they're behind me almost of the floor from exhaustion. I put my friends through some shit, sorry guys.

No comments :

Post a Comment